Trust God more than who? Yourself. Your neighbors. Your cousin. Your friends. Google. Facebook.
“Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto thine own understanding.”
I have memorized and repeated this scripture more times than I can count. Today it finally sank in. I have to trust God more than I trust myself or anyone else. I mean, duh, that’s what it says right there – was I blind all this time? I guess so. Fortunately, Heavenly Father is good at opening my eyes when I’m ready or in need.
I have to trust God –
- More than my doubts.
- Enough to believe He will listen to my questions.
- Enough to believe He will answer my questions.
- Even if His answers don’t make sense to me at first.
- To lead me right or set a roadblock in my way before I go wrong.
- Knowing He understands more than I do.
That’s a tall order. Guess I’d better get on that.