Today there has been so much of life to fit into one day!
- A funeral of a dear friend who lived her life as an example of love and grace.
- A special birthday party. (Actually, all birthdays are special. What a blessed life we have that we can afford to designate some of them as “more special”.)
- Work for a new calling at church, in which I feel so very clueless right now, yet I am so excited! I am to serve as the new “Young Women’s President” (it’s a volunteer youth pastor job for the teenage girls in my congregation). It’s a big calling, and it’s intimidating, but I’m counting on a lot of help, from my counselors (assistants), and from the youth themselves.
- Another moment of realizing that each of us are fragile in our own mortality. Some of us are even more fragile than others. These moments can be scary.
- Watching a “farewell performance” of a friend’s incredible one-man show to mark his retirement and to wish him well as he and his wife move forward to serve as missionaries in God’s work.
(Read and Follow the Directions)
Heavenly Father expects us to work. He’s not a genie in a bottle, granting our every wish. He wants to bless us, but we have to get up and do our part.
Or do ye suppose that the Lord will still deliver us, while we sit upon our thrones and do not make use of the means which the Lord has provided for us?