I Won’t Miss:
- The magic knot machine, aka the washing machine here in China.
- Chinese shampoo and conditioner confusion.
- Wondering, “Am I crazy, or is it China?”
- No carpet on the floors.
- Leaky toilets.
- Concrete walls.
- Mystery water puddles on the sidewalk.
- Air pollution.
- Water pollution.
- People spitting everywhere.
- People peeing anywhere.
- Not being able to communicate well with others.
I Will Miss:
- My friends at Church and in the Guangzhou Women’s International Club (GWIC).
- Living really close to a shopping area.
- Bargaining for prices.
- All the people exercising in the parks in the mornings.
- The ladies feeding the baby on the elevator.
- Really cheap restaurants.
- Hearing so many different languages at church.
- Cheap buses and subways that take you almost anywhere you want to go.
- Inexpensive taxis.
- The Chimelong Zoo, Circus, and Amusement park.
winner-winner, chicken dinner 🙂
Awesome and very true! You have nailed what it is that many foreigners feel when leaving this place, but you forgot to mention, man purses, disgusting pinkie nails, bribes to get an education…..