I just received this helpful email from my doctor’s office. It’s full of useful suggestions for enjoying a safe summer. I was especially interested in the second to last one. Very Interesting. Here it is:
Your Family’s Medical Clinic, Inc.
|In an effort to better serve you, beginning June 1, 2011, Your Family’s Urgent Care Clinic will open at 8am Monday-Friday. Saturdays we will open at 9am as usual.
As summer begins and we become more active, there are several key health points to remember:
- Protect against skin cancer by using sunscreen with a minimum SPF of 15. Remember to reapply after swimming or sweating a lot.
- Wear bike helmets and other appropriate safety gear for outdoor activities (protection for hearing, eyes, head, knees, elbows, etc.)
- Use insect repellent with deet to protect against mosquitoes and other insects. And in case you get bitten anyway, keep the Calamine lotion and Aloe Vera nearby!
- If you are stung by a bee, do not pull the stinger out, as this will squeeze the venom sac and release more venom. Instead, scrape a credit card against the wound site to push the stinger out.
- For cuts, apply direct pressure to stop bleeding. If the cuts penetrate the skin and there is a possibility stitches might be required, you do not need an appointment! Just walk in!
- Before swimming, remember to apply sunscreen. Swim with lifeguards nearby, if possible. If a lifeguard is not available, swim with a buddy.
- When camping or hiking, it is important to stay dehydrated! Drink plenty of water!
- This is also the time of year for allergies. Dr. Smith specializes in this area if you need testing or treatment.
We hope you have an enjoyable and safe summer!
Laughing all the way!
winner-winner, chicken dinner 🙂
First sentence summarized the whole post for me: your family’s urgent care clinic has limited hours! Entertaining post!